**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
1. What did like best about this park? Love the location, and the fact that the park has two separate play structures! One for Toddlers, and one for the 3 and up crowd. The Park has new equipment that is safe and intriguing to all ages. We also love that the basketball/tennis court is fenced in. When not in use, it makes a great place for kids to run, especially with a variety of balls to kick or throw around.
2. What did you like the least? This is a hard one, but if we had to choose it would probably be a lack of shade in the morning, and afternoon.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) how was the safety for the kids at this park. For safety we give this park a 10. The park has a great variety of equipment that is new and in good repair. We love that there is equipment available for all age groups. A huge safety issue is when you have younger children trying to play on equipment that is too big, and not developmentally appropriate for them. This park has the best of both worlds. For those of you familiar with Loren Thompson Park, Berrywood has a familiar layout.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) how “parent friendly” was this park ? (shade, benches close by, bathroom close, parking lot close, etc?) For Parent Friendly we give this park a 9. Berrywood has a good size parking lot that is located right off of Berrywood Dr.. The park is set far enough off of College Drive that the busy traffic on that street is not an issue. There is a bathroom located right next to the playground equipment, with benches and drinking fountain out front. There are also picnic tables available for a lunch at the park. The biggest downfall is the lack of shade in the morning. The playground equipment has a sand base, which is a plus or minus depending on your preference. The Layout of this park has very little for blind spots, which makes keeping your eyes on the kiddos pretty easy.
5. Overall rating? Overall rating for this park is a 9!! We LOVE this park. Safe, parent friendly, convenient location, and not an overly busy park. Biggest downfall being lack of shade. The park does have some great trees, but provide better shade for evening play. I hope you all enjoy playing at Berrywood as much as we do! But remember Shhhhhhhh! Some of the best things are……well, you know ; )-BONNIE