PEACH MELBA SMOOTHIE
1 bag Frozen Peaches
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 Cup Frozen Raspberry or Cranberry Juice (from concentrate 125ml)
1. In a blender or food processor, puree peaches with yogurt until smooth. 2. Add milk and juice concentrate; blend until frothy. Number of servings: 4-6
(HELPFUL HINT; For a dairy free-version, use 1 10 ounce package of soft silken tofu instead of yogurt; use soy milk instead of milk.
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER SMOOTHIE
2 Bags Frozen Peaches
1/2 Cup of Peach Yogurt
1 Frozen Banana
2 Tablespoons of Sweetener (ex. honey, sugar, artificial)
1. Prepare your fruit; Cut your peaches and remove core. Make small chunks. Next slice your lemon in half. Remove the peel from your banana.
2. Put all of the fruit (except lemon) and your yogurt in the blender. Blend until all chunks are gone. (Tip: if you leave the peel on your peaches, blend a little longer.)
3. Next, squeeze the lemon juice from half your lemon, and mix in your smoothie mix. Blend again.
4. Finally, add the next half of the lemon juice and your sweetener. Blend until smooth.
(HELPFUL HINT; Make sure you do not blend too long or your smoothie will be too runny. If this happens, simply add ice).
Smoothies are great during the Summer and a tasty ways to get more fruit into your day.
THANKS to Valeri Diller from Alliance Lending Network of Baxter for these yummy recipes!